*
Mailiao Township Office, Yunlin County.LOGO Picture
*
::: Site Map | Day-Care Center | Library | HOME
Mailiao Township Office, Yunlin County.LOGO Chief of Mailiao Talking About Mailiao Landscape Convenient Services Residents’ Representatives’ Assembly Mailiao Township Office, Yunlin County.LOGO
*
:::
Chief of Mailiao
*
* * *
* *Chief’s Words *
* * *
*
* * **
* *Developments *
* * *
*
*
* :::
*Chief’s Words

  Originally, the Township was named Pujianglung Village. In the Ching Dynasty, the Township was under the jurisdiction of Changhua County and later under Yunlin County.  In 1786, Lin Shuang-wen and with Jhuang Da-tian started a resistance movement against the Ching court, attacking Chiayi and various castles.  Jhang Yuan-cin and his elder brother Jhang Ming-yi gathered the local people and trained them to help the military forces of the Ching court and finally defeated the rebel forces.  The Emperor gave Jhang a new name “Baojhung” and offered the two brothers positions in the government to cite their efforts.  This is how Baojhung Township got its present name, which means “citation”.

  During the Japanese colonial period, the Township was under the jurisdiction of Pujianglung District of Tuku Subprefecture.  Later, Baojhung Township was established to meet the needs of the locals.  In 1950, the jurisdiction of Baojhung Township was changed to the newly added Yunlin County.

Mailiao Township Office, Yunlin County. picture
Back top
*
* Copyright © 2007 Mailiao Township Office, Yunlin County. All rights reserved